You Core Duo machine is limited to OS-10.7 Lion

THAT is because in is 32 bit wide

10.8 Mountain Lion is 64 bit wide.

I have a Mid-2007 White MacBook with the same limitations.

Apple HAS updated iTunes recently for your machine.

You need to max out your RAM at 2GB.

2 1GB 667 DIMMs.

I also use a

Late 2009 Mac Mini 2.53Ghz. Core 2 Duo

4GB RAM and OS-10.9 Mavericks

Late 2008 MacBook AL Unibody 2.0Ghz. Core 2Duo

OS-10.9 again...

I DO NOT use an iPhone so have no need for compatibility things

Found in Yosemite and El Kapitain....

J.C.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 9:09 AM, J Janks <nikonb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not the Mac user the hubby is but he is NOT tech friendly in the
> least.  He has a desktop iMac 5.2 (I did find that is produced week 34 of
> 2006) that is running OS X Tiger.   I found the update log but can't find
> it again so based on memory last update was 2010/11 (sound about right??).
> I ran updater this morning just to make sure it had been updated and there
> were not outstanding updates and there weren't so Mac has stopped
> supporting Tiger??  Issue is at start up sometimes it doesn't want to load
> anything, it just runs and runs, so you have to reboot usually just once
> but a few times now it has taken 2 - 3 reboots.   He thinks he needs a new
> Mac but I'm thinking just an update to the operating system may be in
> order, maybe an optimization/clean up or he just get a non-Mac Windows
> based PC.  He has NO extra programs that he has installed on it, using
> Safari to check email, do some scheduling online and online research for
> his dad's coin business is the extent of his computing, seriously.   Would
> he use it for anything else if it could do it - no, so no need for a new
> $1,500 computer IM (humble wife) O if we can update the OS or if there is
> something I can optimize or do clean up so it boots right.
>
> This is the system info:
> Intel Core 2
> 1.83 GHZ
> only 512MB of memory though
> running at 667 MHZ
>
> I have spent the past 3 hours trying to figure out if I can update this to
> at least Snow Leopard and I don't talk tech so partitioning this or that is
> not anything I know how to do.   I need to know, in non tech terms, if I
> buy Snow Leopard can I do a straight install off the disc?  I don't think
> he has enough memory, doesn't Snow Leopard need at least 1G of memory but
> even if I can update to SL what are some complications that could happen?
> Fail to install and corrupt the current OS??   I highly doubt he has any
> discs from when he bought it, if it even came with any so reinstall of
> Tiger is out if it screws up.
>
> FSF, if I need to increase memory, by time we put money in that and time
> installing Snow Leopard (my business gets crazy this time of year so time
> is at a premium) he could have bought a Window's based PC for what he does
> IM (humble wife) O again.  But seriously, I do photography and digitize
> designs on a PC so why spend more on one that is not going to be fully
> utilized and no, I don't want a new one at the moment, I don't have time
> for learning curves or installing/setting up my software on a new one.  I'm
> just wanting to (hopefully) do a quick install of SL on his machine,
> optimize/clean it up so it boots right or just buy him a Windows PC and
> tell him to deal with it.  Yeah I'm a mean wife.

> group/imaclist
>
> ---
> "iMac Group" group.
> email to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.