> On Sep 26, 2016, at 11:37 AM, 'douglasjar' via iMac Group
> <imaclist@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Open for suggestions,
> Major flood last wensday
> My apple 2,apple 2 plus,GS,mac 1 [4 of],Mac 1 plus,pizza box,Mac silver [many
> of each model under 3 feet water]
> PDP-8 with 350÷ disk  and 3 to 500 pc type in flood zone.

Flood ‘act of nature’ flood or ‘busted pipe flood’?

Pop any PRAM batteries out of them, asap, and wash them in clean water.

You will want to disassemble them as much as you can for this process. Let them
air dry (in an enclosure with Damp RId if your humidity is insane, as I’d
expect to to be in flood situation.) If it’s an ‘Act of Nature’ type of flood
there will be a lot of gunk, mud, nasty nasty stuff. Burst pipe floods are
often just ‘let everything dry'.

I got a G4 from a friend who rescued a bunch of Macs from a flood in Richmond
VA a number of years ago, after Hurricane Gaston.
<http://dbdev2.pharmacy.arizona.edu/flood/index.html> and my part cleaning up
one of those <http://dbdev2.pharmacy.arizona.edu/swampthing/swampthing.html>

It took a while to clean it out (not pictures was the power supply cleanout: I
took the case off of the PS and it was a mud brick. I simply grabbled the PS by
it’s cables and kept dunking it in a 5 gallon bucket of water until all the mud
was washed away, then left it in the sun to dry for a day.

Note, this is AFTER my friend had hosed them all out, let them dry and fired
them up to see if it worked!

If you move fast and avoid corrosions you should be ok. SwampThing lasted as my
primary desktop for several more years, although I did eventually update the
CPU, RAM, and Video card. I only replaced it when I went to an Intel mac.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.