> Hi there: I was using Audacity to digitize a couple of LPs over the
> weekend, and discovered the hard way that when the Mini goes to sleep
> Audacity stops capturing the signal.

That sounds odd.
I have an Early 2009 iMac with OSX 10.6, and in my experience the Mac never
sleeps when it's "doing" something (i.e., some app is actually working).
OTOH, it goes to sleep (in its own time) when all the apps are idle.

> I went into system prefs and told the display not to sleep
That should be irrelevant. When the display goes black, the Mac works as
before; only the screen is off.

I second Bruce suggestion to reset the power manager, and SMC:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

IMHO, if everything works correctly, you should not need to set your Mac to
never sleep: the app receiving and processing data (as long as it is
continuous) should be enough to keep the Mac from going to sleep.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.