> On Aug 6, 2017, at 12:50 PM, William Spencer <wspence...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there: My wife is trying to install a new touch-screen monitor for a very
> unusual application she uses. The old monitor was just too big for the space
> available. From what I understand, the new monitor (Planar PT1945R) works
> fine except for the touchscreen functionality. I was just on the phone with
> the Planar folks, who said that there are actually two different drivers to
> install, one from Planar and another from an outfit called UPDD (it seems the
> Mac is very unfriendly about touch-screen technology…). He also said it would
> be very useful to remove the driver for the old touch-screen monitor (made by
> Tyco).
>
> My question is this: where do I find that old driver? I have never understood
> how the Mac sets up the libraries with all that stuff in them.
>
> As always, my thanks in advance!

Under OS X drivers are installed in the /Library/Extensions and
/System/Library/Extensions folders.

There may also be startup items associated with the devices in
/Library/LaunchAgents, /Library/LaunchDaemons, and the corresponding
/System/Library/LaunchAgents, /System/Library/LaunchDaemons folders.

You can find information about them, by running System Information and clicking
on ‘Extensions’. It will either be a ‘Not Signed’ or ‘Identified Developer’,
more than likely.

Start in Safe mode, find the kext files associated with the Tyco drivers move
them to the trash and restart.

If you can find an ‘Uninstaller’ for the device drivers in the installation
package, this is the best because that way you can be reasonably sure all the
bits-n-pieces are removed.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "iMac
Group" group.
to imaclist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.