I know I’m late to this party but I felt obliged to respond to the above
recommendations for Seagate. Some of you may be familiar with Louis
Rossman. He is famous for doing board level repairs for Macs on YouTube,
and also for criticizing Apple’s tendency to make newer devices
unrepairable.

Another lesser known aspect of his business is drive recovery. Here he
explains why he frequently has to repair Seagate drives:

https://youtu.be/6b0JcNqkZrk