Hiya,

This patch came through last year but it didn't get much review. I was wondering if it's a candidate for PIL 1.1.7 – I've tested that it does indeed pass through profiles in jpeg-to-jpeg and jpeg-to-png conversion.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/image-sig/2008-June/005026.html

There's a version at http://timhatch.com/ex/2009/03/pil-keep-icc-profiles.diff that applies cleanly on raclette edc72df13132 with some whitespace cleanups. I took out most of the unrelated patches, since they'd either been fixed already, or (in the case of TIFF resolution information) I'm not familiar with the code and it didn't apply cleanly. I suppose that's a separate topic, and I'm missing a pointer to the original issue.

Tim