Hey everyone - does anyone have good experience in locating features in an image? PilPlus used to have a "ImageCrackCode" module, but I've never used it or even seen it (it says no longer available).

I don't need to find _specific_ features, but need to find a small set of distinct features consistently in similar images (for aligning them together). I can brute-force this with min/max values/etc, but was hoping for some help on something more elegant and efficient. Any pointers would be appreciated, thanks!

Kevin.