Have you configured your objectclass in outlook?  below text is from the
ipswitch knowledgebase.



Question/Problem: I am having problems looking up and finding LDAP addresses
that I believe should be accessible from IMail's LDAP server. I am using the
Microsoft POP3 client which seems to work with other Internet LDAP servers.

Answer/Solution: In Outlook Express, click Edit, Find People, and then
right-click on the IMail LDAP server, click Properties, click the Advanced
tab and set the Search Base to:

objectclass="person"
otherwise the default base ends up being:
c=US

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Sinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 27, 1999 5:26 AM
Subject: [IMail Forum] I give: How do I run the LDAP service


> I spent about an hour this morning trying to get LDAP running but without
> luck. I have configured the service using iMail Control Panel | LDAP; did
an
> "LDAP Init Db" and "Optimize LDAP Db" for each domain; started the
service;
> and then tried to get at it. I can't seem to hook up.
>
> How do you connect to the server? When I go ldap://my.server using MSIE 5
I
> get a little search type box, but I get an error "The specified directory
> service could not be reached. The service may be temporarily unavailable
or
> the service name may be incorrect". I've also tried to hook up to it from
> Outlook 2000 without any luck. Do you have to identify a port number or
> something?
>
> I've only got about 200 users on a local intranet but they want a search
> function for users so I hope that I can get this configured without too
much
> trouble.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Paul--
>
> Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html
> to be removed from this list.
>

Please visit http://www.ipswitch.com/support/mailing-lists.html 
to be removed from this list.

Reply via email to