I'm calling on the experience in this group for some advice. I have a client
whose domain name expired over the weekend and we never got a notification
due to a partnership split and email address change (long story).

Anyway, the domain name has already been registered with another company and
I'm now trying to get it back. Can anyone suggest a strategy on how to
approach this?

Not possible... If it expired this last weekend, you still have thirty days to reclaim it. Perhaps it was renewed, and the contact info/company info was changed by one of the partners?

Contact the registrar and find out what really happened. You may need to use the ICANN Domain Name Dispute Resolution process, but try calling first.

Regards,

David Gregg
dgSoft Internet Services
+1 (949) 584-1514

--
mxGuard for IMail
The no-nonsense antispam and antivirus solution.

Download a free 30-day trial at
http://www.mxguard.com/postmaster/freetrial.asp