Hello All,

There are a lot of us here in the imail forum looking at moving from imail
to smartermail... I cannot honestly tell you that smartermail is any better
then imail at this point. I installed it on Feb 28, 2006 to one of our
testing servers. Just thought I would share my first few experiences..

Let me say first off that there installation material is only marginally
better then imails - they have something. However - until you install the
software you dont get a link which takes you to the install info... ooops so
uninstall and install it again... following there install path which is key
to having the permisions set correctly... Just so its said WE looked on
there site before the install and no link to installation guides was evident
- nothing pops out at you - maybe its just us...

So anyways, after the install its not working, hmmm, so I contact one of
there folks there for helllllllp, We get our first reply on March first,
hmmm, We trade a few quick emails describing the problem and are offered the
opportunity to have them come one to the server and fix it...

"Greetings,

If you'd like, i can log on to your server remotely and configure the site
within IIS for you, if you cannot get it to work.  That error is a bit to
general to try and diagnose, but if i was able to see your conifguration
with my own eyes i can probably diagnose things much faster.

If this is acceptable, please print, sign and fax this document back to us
with the number provided on the document and i'll take a look at it.

Thanks,

XXXXXXXX

SmarterTools Support"

On March first we receive and then fax back(by the way - when I say I or WE
I mean my employees or myself or one of the partners) there form to give
them permission to access the server, the first day it is signed and sent
back by my partner using the company name he signing as owner.

The next day, March 2cnd we are told;

"I cannot accept the agreement with a customer name of "inoyfb".  I will
need your full legal name signed on the document before i can continue
work."

(Just so it is said "INOYFB" is the legal name of one of our companies....)

The dot com is added to the document and we resend it and since we are
communicating on the email address [EMAIL PROTECTED] I figure they are smart
enough to make the connection.

We get the following response;

"Greetings,

Unfortunately, the agreement did not include a name that was signed on the
document, just your handle or username.

I require your full legal name to be on the document before i can do any
work upon the server.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

XXXXXXXXX

SmarterTools Support

A few hours later we wonder where we stand so we send the following;