Since when did you start working for IPSwitch?  Your comment is the
biggest load of typical, corporate, pass-the-buck garbage I've heard in
quite a while.  If there is a vulnerability in iMail / ICS, it is
IPSwitch's responsabilty to test previous versions of their software
product, and at the very least provide customers with accurate
information regarding which versions are vulnerable.

Instead of even publicly announcing that the was a buffer overflow
exploit found for their IMAP engine, they try to quietly release this
this fix as part of 2006.03.  Even the announcement posted here stated
only this about this remote buffer overflow: "In addition, we have fixed
a lot of reported defects including a vulnerability issue."  I'm sorry,
but that level of disclosure is pathetic.  They are clearly trying to
hush up this issue.

Furthermore, where IPSwitch does actually acknowledge the issue, they do
so incorrectly.  IPSwitch states the vulnerability only leads to the
service crashing - "IMAP: Corrected a vulnerability issue where a
properly crafted Fetch command causes IMAP to crash with a buffer
overflow (disclosed by TippingPoint, a division of 3Com). "
http://www.ipswitch.com/support/ics/updates/ics200603prem.asp, when the
exploit is much more severe - "This vulnerability allows remote
attackers to execute arbitrary code on vulnerable installations of
Ipswitch Collaboration Suite"
http://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-06-003.html

The vulnerability disclosure practices of IPSwitch are pathetic.

"Seek, and ye shall find!"

-Jay