To: <imail_forum@list.ipswitch.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:07 PM
Subject: [IMail Forum] IMAIL 8.22 behinds Firewall with SMTP Relaying abilities

I have my IMAIL server behind a Firewall/Content filter.  My mail is being
forwarded through the firewall and to the IMAIL server. I had to adjust the
MX records to make all the mail work.  My firewall will also act as a
smarthost and send all the mail out through it.  I would like to configure
it so that the IMAIL server gets the mail and sends it out to the firewall
and let the firewall forward it out to the net. In talking with support for the firewall product, they tell me I need to set a "smarthost" or SMTP relay in my mail server so it will forward to the firewall. Then everything thing
should work fine.  Some users are complaining that their mail is being
rejected because the IP of the SMTP server is not the same as the IP that
the world is seeing.  So , how do I set this in IMAIL.  Thanks!

Steve Carrington
Network Administrator
Murphysboro CUSD #186
819 Walnut Street
Murphysboro, IL  62966
Voice   618-684-3781
Fax     618-684-2465

THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED AND RESTRICTED FOR USE BY THE ABOVE ADDRESSEE ONLY. IT MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION EXEMPT FROM
DISCLOSURE UNDER FEDERAL OR STATE LAW.  IN THE EVENT SOME OTHER PERSON OR
ENTITY RECEIVES THIS TRANSMISSION, SAID RECIPIENT IS HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT
ANY DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR DUPLICATION OF THIS TRANSMISSION OR ITS
CONTENTS IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU SHOULD RECEIVE THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR,
PLEASE CALL US IMMEDIATELY (COLLECT) AT 618.684.3781, DELETE THE FILE FROM
YOUR SYSTEM, AND DESTROY ANY HARD COPIES OF THIS TRANSMISSION.  THANK YOU.