Can this be done?

I've got a problem where I' ve moved to using eWall as a gateway before email gets to iMail. Great product as my server is really lean on the CPU usage after roll out. Plus I'm able to now screen countries of origin which further relieves masses of mail from places we feel would only send spam.

But the problem is that iMail takes the hand off from eWall and thinks it a local session so some hackers have found the condition to create an open relay. Not good. There is an add on product that eWall has to send the originating ip # through to iMail and this seems to work but may only be a baid-aid (one of the versions hurt my SQL functionality)

I have relay set to Relay for Addresses and have the local IP in the address pool.

Is there some other means to prevent an Open Relay through iMail even if perceived as a locally originating ip?

Regards,

Steve Guluk
SGDesign
(949) 661-9333