-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Doucette
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:05 PM
To: Imail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: [IMail Forum] Have I been hacked?

Yesterday I received an email from the IMail server :

IMail detected a fatal error while attempting delivery.
The messages causing this error have been orphaned in the IMail spool
directory.

Please contact Ipswitch Technical Support.

So I emailed tech support, but in the mean time I looked in the spool and
there's all these .SMD files. The From and Reply to have the following in
them

"=?windows-1251?B?QWJiZXkgTmf0aw9uYWwgcGxj?=" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The actual message is a phishing scam touting to be from Abbey National PLC.
The From IP is 212.241.220.251. So I put the IP in the Kill file and denied
it access in the SMTP control.  And I deleted the .SMD files (thousands of
them). I'm waiting to see if that will put a stop to this.

My mail server is set up to Relay for local users only. So I can't figure
out how this IP was able to relay thru Imail. I know that some of the
messages got through because I'm getting bounce backs from yahoo and others.

Any ideas or suggestions?

~Susan