From: Doug Traylor
To: Tom
Subject: Will iMail protect us against spam web bugs when using webmail?
Sent: Jul 11, 2008 5:28 PM

Tom,

When we are going to get a plain text only webmail viewing option, or
protection from html email and Internet images, built in to Imail's
webmail?  Most mainstream webmail services already protect us against
these if we wish, to stop malicious images and spammer web bugs.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_bug) "Tracking via Web bugs can be
prevented by using e-mail clients that do not download images whose URLs
are embedded in HTML e-mails. Many graphical e-mail clients can be
configured to avoid accessing remote images. Examples include the Gmail,
Yahoo!, and SpamCop/Horde webmail clients, Mozilla Thunderbird, Opera,
and later versions of Microsoft Outlook, and KMail mail readers. Other
HTML techniques (such as IFrames) can still be used to track e-mail
viewing."

Is this something that is for some reason not desirable or possible for us?

Thanks,

Doug Traylor