First let me preface this with the fact that I am not getting paid by
Ipswitch nor is anyone I know for that matter

As far as tech support goes, it seems to be on a general decline for just
about everyone in the industry.  I can only assume it is because of the
world wide shortage of IT professionals.  If you know enough to be fully
qualified to work the tech support/help desk you can get better money
elsewhere in the industry.  I work at a local ISP and one of the ways we can
compete against the bigger operations is that we try to help our customers
with any and all computer problems.  In doing so we often speak with the
tech support folks from software & hardware venders as well as the local
telcos.   I am amazed at the over all number of know nothing, slack jawed,
moth breathing inbreed miscreants that seem to some how get hired to answer
the telephone.  (sorry if this upsets anyone, you should only take it to
heart if it applies to you).   But I guess what keeps these companies going
is that one guy you get occasionally who knows the product/service inside
&out.  He's the guy who can  take the vaguest customers description of the
problem and diagnose it's cause and solution over the telephone.  I think
Ipswitch probably has a few of both types, I've been luck to get some of the
later in all of my dealings with them.  Hope they can the incompetents and
hire more of the second kind.

I think that this Forman is a good idea and have encouraged other companies
to follow this idea as it seems a quick way to get candid comments from the
real world as well as promulgating an ongoing dialog amongst it's users.
Hopefully Ipswitch will use the opinions and comments aired here to guide
them in the design and improvement of v7.0 of Imail.

            (Do I get my free copy now?)  lol

I have to give kudos to Dell on the last service tech we had visit.  Our
back up tape drive failed and he was here first thing the next day and the
affected machine was off line for 15 whole minutes.  In all of 30 minutes he
was here and gone, to include the fresh cup of coffee we offered him at 8:50
in the morning.

Kevin Childers
Mail Administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Carolina's Fastest Internet Service Provider
www.NetQuick.net
(910) 486-7845 Ext. 23
(888) 228-0312