> I was wondering if there is a way to find out (programmatically)
> the current count of the queue timer (i.e. if it is set to 10 Min,
> then find out that there are 3 min 22 secs until the next queue
> process fires?

If you absolutely, positively, have to have the information, you can get it.  It's not
easy nor fun, but you could use the SendName hook in the registry.  A search for
"queue processing runs" in the IMail Knowledge base will show you how to use it.  It's
a lot of work just to figure out how much time is left, but if you have to know, you
can figure it out (you can find out when the queue process is fired, get the queue
interval from the registry, and figure it out from that).

I wouldn't recommend this unless you really, really need to know.

> Also - why doesn't the queue begin firing immediately after a
> reboot of the machine? Do I have to wait for the queue timer to
> go through one cycle before it fires.

I believe you are correct, that was my assumption, although I have never verified it.
                             -Scott