-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of jose
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 2:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [IMail Forum] Problems with smtp auth Imail 6.0 - roaming users

Hello
we use to run our imail 6.0 server in a winnt 4.0 box. we unselected the
"disable smtp auth reporting" and restricted relaying to anyone but our own
class C ip addresses.
Now we migrated the server to a new box running on windows 2000 but using
the same imail 6.0 for nt (We dont have any patch installed after 6.0)
When we try to use smtp auth (Using outlook 5.0 with smtp auth set), we get
the following error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'topartmultimedia',
Server: 'topartmultimedia.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

And when we check the "disable smtp auth reporting", we dont get this error
but we get the 550 Relaying denied message.
We have 100 sites and we are conducting tests from an ip address not our
own in order to try to simulate a roaming user which is our main objective.

Anybody knows what the above error means and why it is not letting us
authenticate via smtp ?

TIA