Gentlemen,

>From my limited experience with Webmail, the problem of attachments showing
up as broken links is likely to be a browser issue, and can be affected by:
1. The attachment encoding of the sender (MIME or UUencoded).
2. The browser type and version of the recipient using Webmail.
3. Possible mis-configuration of MIME file types on the receiving machine.

This last problem is occurring with increasing frequency among my users and
seems to result from the installation of new graphics software that diddles
with MIME types of certain graphic file extensions and makes it impossible
to view locally stored images from a web browser. Short discussions and
resolution for this problem may be seen at help.com:

http://www.help.com/cgi-perl/question/3/310/656?sidx=1524920
http://www.help.com/cgi-perl/question/3/310/656?sidx=1535838

I wouldn't expect to be able to view a .tif file in a browser, but it would
be nice to save it or view it with a helper app.  IE and Netscape accomplish
this in different ways with varying degrees of success.

Michael