>ah, finally, a little practical sense in this thread.  DROP CNAME's, use A
>records everywhere.
>
>Len

I can't do that because we have to display slightly different content to different
users and the only way we can distinguish the user is by what address they typed in.
If we use A records in domain2 to the website of domain1 then domain1 is replaced in
the address bar.  If we use CNAMEs then domain2 stays in the address bar and we can
read host headers to provide different content and know where they came from when
their session times out without using cookies.

David