>Some of my customers (a good number of them) are experiencing this problem
>on a few Imail servers. Imail version 7.06.
>
>my email keeps bouncing back for
>the second weekend in a row. Last weekend support told me that they
>"restarted the server" and the problem was fixed, but now it's back.

Who are you:  Are you running an IMail server?  Are you using one that your
ISP has?  Or are you trying to send to an IMail server?

>The header reads: "Delivery failed 20 attempts: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" or
>whatever else the email address may be.

That's a standard message when an E-mail can't be delivered.  In this case,
abc-clio.com is not an IMail server, so I'm guessing that your ISP is using
IMail (since you were dealing with "support").

>Please fix this when you can, it's terrible to get 20 important business
>emails returned 12 hours later!

We can't fix it.  :)

>I think it's either A) server can't talk to DNS for some reason or B) server
>can't communicate on the network anymore
>
>except I am still able to connect to the server, ping it, telnet to it,
>etc...

Have you checked the log files to see what they say?  Have you tried
telneting to "mail.abc-clio.com" from the IMail server?  If the DNS
server(s) listed in IMail are different than the ones the server normally
used, are they responding properly?

If this is happening with *some* mail, it could just be a problem on the
other end.  If it is happening with *all* mail, it's probably a DNS issue
on your (IMail) end.

                                                    -Scott
---
Declude: Anti-virus, Anti-spam and Anti-hijacking solutions for
IMail.  http://www.declude.com

---