Maybe the tone is friendly, but the content sounds misleading.

From: "Jason Newland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Wed, 12 Jun 2002 16:56:01 -0500

Bill,

I think you are missing the point of this Fax.  I have seen similar ones
from other companies, and the gist of the letter is that "since you own
abc.com, we would like to notify you that the .US domain extension has
arrived, and to avoid some other company (possibly a competitor) securing
this name first, we are notifying you of your ability to purchase the abc.us
domain from us"

The notice of Domain Extention, doesn't mean extending the expire date on
your domain...  Think of it of a friendly pre-sales letter.

Jason