When reviewing our logs from midnight to now we are seeing a large
amount of POP errors.

69,064 send error 199.232.114.218 10054
44,184 send error 140.186.40.238 10053
25,606 send error 199.232.114.202 10054
17,817 send error 66.94.37.188 10054
12,341 send error 140.186.41.52 10053
3,617 send error 140.186.40.244 10054
835 send error 139.92.151.45 10054
451 send error 199.232.114.209 10054

We have been tracking this type of activity for over a week now and it
is quite consistent.
There will be over 200,000 of these errors every day in the logs. The
logs will have all the entries for one IP in a row within a few minutes.

We are also experiencing POP3D32.exe using up on average 50% CPU. We
have tried swapping out the network card as mentioned in one of the
threads related to POP cpu utilization and that has not resolved
anything for us as of yet.

Configuration:
Windows 2000 Adv Server
Imail 7.02