Thought this would be of some interest, even though it is OT.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Thomas [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 4:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: reports of DCOM worm on the loose...still waiting on MS for DOS
patch for W2K w/ MS03-026 applied

Heads up folks, just saw this tidbit via www.incidents.org site:

http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-11

Not seeing any mention of it elsewhere YET, but I trust the incident.org
folks enough to send this out.

Still eagerly awaiting the DCOM DOS patch for W2K w/ MS03-026 applied
before another varient of this thing hits the net and goes after this
vulnerability.  The mess it could cause if such a worm get's behind a
firewall protecting W2K systems...oh boy.

Redmond....we need the darn W2K DCOM DOS patch FAST.

Jeffrey Thomas

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooo
Are You "Certifiable"? Summer's Hottest Certification Just Got HOTTER!

With a growth rate exceeding 110%, the TICSA security practitioner
certification is one of the hottest IT credentials available.  And now,
for
a limited time, you can save 33% off of the TICSA certification exam! To
learn more about the TICSA certification, and to register as a TICSA
candidate online, just go to

http://www.trusecure.com/offer/s0100/