My 2 cents.  You all need to quit complaining.  This guy's product is
specific to Imail.  He has been developing this very same product for Imail
for many years.  The only problem as I see it is that it should have been
labeled OT (or ANN: as Sandy uses).

Why is it OK for some to post about their utilities developed for Imail and
not others?  Because he charges for his?  Please explain that logic.  I
could understand being p'ed off if, say, Barracuda or Brightmail or some
other service that is not Imail-only posting to the list, or even Declude,
since they DO have their own mailing list.  But as previously stated, this
utility doesn't WARRANT a mailing list.  This isn't any different from Sandy
posting about SPAMC32 or ldap2aliases, except that Sandy doesn't charge for
his scripts.  Hell, Sandy even posted about SPAMC32 on this list (with no
complaints) even though it is for DECLUDE!!  (Note to Sandy, this is not a
criticism.  I believe that you are in the right as is Evans Martin in this
case.)

Why is it OK to "spam" the list with close to 200 messages about a
screensaver (see: Lycos goes limp) that is completely unrelated to Imail,
but it isn't OK to post a single message about an update to a valuable
utility that helps Imail users?

Plain and simple, if you don't like his message, don't read it.  There is a
delete button for a reason.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Martekware, nor do I use his products,
nor do I sell anything.  I am a mail admin with too little time on my hands,
and see the many personal arguments (flame-wars) and unrelated posts to be
much more detrimental to this list than a simple message notifying us of an
update to an IMAIL-ONLY product.

Dan Horne

Ps.  Go ahead, flame away. I know you want to...