I'm guessing that the defacement is repopulating itself by way of a startup script, probably located in your registry or autoexec.bat, but it could be elsewhere as well.  Again, that's likely only the tip of the iceberg, so patch everything and employ better security.

Matt

john cesta wrote:
Yea, Matt those are our sites at zone-h.org

They don't have any info on the hack just who has it.

Thanks

John

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:51:59 -0500, Matt wrote:

 http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements/filter/filter_defacer=tugr@/

 Clean your computer carefully and close the holes (patch everything
 and change all passwords).

 You should consider using Microsoft's URLScan to prevent many IIS
 exploits, move all Internet accessible data off of the C partition,
 and block access to nonessential ports with a router.  That
 combined with regular patching will prevent guys like this from
 hacking your site since they will find easier prey elsewhere and
 all they are looking for is an opportunity for defacement and not
 necessarily to deface you.

 Matt

 john cesta wrote:

 Has anyone heard of this one?

 What they do is to copy:

 index.php .cfm .htm .html .asp
 default.php .cfm .htm .html .asp

 to the root folder of every web site.

 I can't find much on it on the web. I thought I had figured it to
 be an old servu ftp server hack so I upgraded about 3 weeks ago
 but today upon reboot it happened again.

 I have a fully patched win2k server

 Thanks

 archive.com/imail_forum%40list.ipswitch.com/ Knowledge Base/FAQ:
 http://www.ipswitch.com/support/IMail/