Sandy,

Thank you for the two links, the truth is that I must have not paid enough attention to these in the past, probably because the "ldap" _expression_ in the name, and I didn't feel like to get into any ldap related "fix", as you can also see it in my opinion about this subject.

Basically: I just simply didn't connect the two dots or better said: I couldn't see the forest because of a tree in front of it.

Thanks again!
Geza

At 01:25 PM 4/13/2005, you wrote:
> I  am not a programmer nor an analyst, so folks who make living with
> this  stuff  for  sure  could  figure out what method would take the
> least  amount of time (talking about milliseconds), to look up valid
> email  addresses from a hard disk each time, or loading up the whole
> text  file  into  memory  with  periodic  refreshing, etc., etc. But
> either  way, definitely the look up has to be a local process vs. an
> LDAP or any other method over the network.

I  presume you've never looked at my scripts for combatting dictionary
attacks,  which  have  been  available  for  over  a  year?  They  are
specifically  designed  to  import  remote  recipient lists onto IMail
gateways.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/