"Internet/Technology Solutions for Business and Government"

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Russ Uhte
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 7:47 PM
To: IMail_Forum@list.ipswitch.com
Subject: Re: [IMail Forum] Fwd: IpSwitch IMAP Server LOGON stack
overflow

Michael Hoyt wrote:
> Are those of us running 7.15 vulnerable.  I seem to remember an URL
> link in an earlier thread about this vulnerability that omitted
> version 7.15 in the list of vulnerable versions (perhaps that was an
> oversight).  If 7.15 is vulnerable, will there be a hotfix or are we
scr*wed?

I have that POC code compiled now.  If you want the exe, just drop me a
line.  It's very simple to test the DoS part.  And you just need to
setup a netcat session to test the reverse shell part.  The exe is about
512K.

I can assure you that 8.05 is vulnerable.  But the reverse shell does
not work on w2k sp4, which is all documented in the code.  But that
doesn't mean someone won't find a way to "fix" that.

On Monday I will begin my process of moving to postfix/Courier/squirrel
mail.  If anyone has any tips they'd like to share, I'd sure like to
hear them :)

-Russ

---