Mark,

I understand what you mean. We are using uw-imap since.. (I don't know anymore, feels like centuries) without any problems on Tru64 Unix (formerly OSF/1) and since january 2006 on Redhat Linux. Without any problems (ok maybe I am a lucky guy). So, it could be a change in the sourcecode that makes all go wrong since the new release ?

I downgraded back to 2004 yesterday and see what happens (or better, what NOT happens :-))

best regards,
Andres