Brian Kendig wrote:

> I'm trying to build UW-IMAP 2006f on Mac OS X 10.3.9.  (Yes, I know the
> OS is one major rev old.)
>
> I understand that I have to use "make oxp" to build it with PAM
> authentication so it'll validate passwords properly, but when I run that
> command, the build fails with:

> `cat CCTYPE` -c `cat CFLAGS` `cat OSCFLAGS` -c osdep.c
> cc1: error: unrecognized option `-Wno-pointer-sign'

That error means that your compiler doesn't accept the parameter used, the
option itself is strange, I can't find it in gcc 3.4.4, it could be a very old
or very new option.

A quick solution would be to delete that option from src/osdep/unix/Makefile, it
is on line 52:

GCC4CFLAGS= $(GCCCFLAGS) -Wno-pointer-sign

Seems to be for gcc 4.x.
--
René Berber