We use uw-imap (imapd) with ssl on debian sarge. At the moment we have
some internet connection problems, and imapd is trying to verify ssl
certificate every time you connect to server. The issue is that
internet connection is not present so it fails to resolve hostname
from certificate and we can't read mail that is already at our server.
Is it possible to configure imapd so it won't check the certificate or
even will allow just plain logins, without ssl? I tried
dpkg-reconfigure imap, and selected imapd and imaps there but if i set
use imap (without ssl) in my client it doesn't work:(

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry