On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:08:42 -0500
Curt LeCaptain wrote:

...[snip]...

> Another solution to this, if you're using an MTA such as Postfix, is
> to run header checks and have it strip out the headers that shouldn't
> be there, such as the IMAP headers like X-UID.  If you're using
> postfix, it can be done as easily as the following:
>
> Postfix main.cf, add this line if not there:
>
> header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
>
> Postfix file header_checks, I've included the following lines which
> strip the headers that don't belong out:
>
> /^X-IMAPbase:/  IGNORE
> /^X-IMAP:/      IGNORE
> /^X-UID:/       IGNORE
> /^Status:/      IGNORE
> /^X-Status:/    IGNORE
> /^X-Keywords:/  IGNORE
>
> Just thought I'd post another solution, as we do use postfix and
> procmail for delivery, and this solved many of our problems with the
> fake headers and issues we had with IMAP.
>
> Curt L.

Hello Curt,

Interesting what you report.  Is it your thought that 1 (or several
bogus headers) would cause uw-imap to download _all_ the messages
saved on the server?  I ask because the behavior I saw last Tuesday
was a repeated download of the 8000+ messages in the mail server's
mailbox.

In any case I'll modify /etc/postfix/main.cf
and /etc/postfix/header_checks as you suggest and we shall see what
happens.

Regards,

David