On Wed, 12 Sep 2007, Mark Crispin wrote:

I have no idea if Mac OS X is suitable as an NFS server; and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is not.

We had some issues with macosX as an NFS-server. We mount one partition from each department to allow them them to administer their own software on the campus lab computers.

With one of the departments (actually Computer Science!) the NFS mounts ha a number of problems, and it turned out to be related to them running macosX on the server.

I don't recall the exact cause, but technically Apple was doing the right thing according to the NFS spec, but as usual they were a bit to quick dropping backward compatibility.

The problem was solved by downgrading macos.

/Per