On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> I'd like to see better support for HTML tables. I have one correspondant
> who regularly sends event information (where/when/what) like this,
> and it's really hard to understand without saving and viewing in a browser
> (perhaps involving a file transfer if I'm using al(pine) on a remote
> machine, as I usually am).
>
> I note that Thunderbird (2.0.0.9) seems to insert spurious <BR>. So if I
> use "insert table" and enter
[snip..]

Um, why not just define lynx as your url-viewer on that remote machine
and let lynx do its magic.

The original Unix concept was a bunch of small tools that each did one
thing well and a user would pipe them together to get complex tasks done.
I'd rather see al(pine) do a few things (mail/news) well and use external
helpers for auxilary tasks (viewers, etc), than try to become
all-singing-dancing bloat-ware.

Heck, even the Mozilla team split browser/mail-client up when things were
getting out of hand.

#include <std_disclaimer.h>