On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Tim Mooney wrote:
One of the other sysadmins here suggested that when we redo the
filesystems, we mount our imap filesystems with the "noatime" option,
so that file access times are not updated.
Is anyone currently doing that?  Will that cause problems for either mbx
or mix format folders, or dmail/tmail/imapd in general?

It's alright to use noatime for mix, but not for mbx or traditional UNIX since atime is used to identify mailboxes with new mail by both imapd and the UNIX shell.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc
Si vis pacem, para bellum.