On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Dister Kemp wrote:
I was wondering if IMAP server (the protocol) supports selective mailpart deletion instead of deleting the entire message.

No. Messages are static. The only way to "delete a part of a message" is to make a new copy of the message with the desired part deleted, then delete and expunge the original.

If so, is it supported by c-client's IMAP client too?

No, since it is not part of IMAP.

If not, is it possible to mimic this behavior in the client side ?

c-client does not do this. An application program can do so (I believe that Alpine does) by fetching the message and saving a new copy that omits the content that you wish deleted.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc