Title: Untitled Document

I don't see any reason why we all can't move the UW IMAP project over to SourceForge and continue working on it as a true open source development. I am very impressed that Mark dedicated so much of his time to it. Now it is our (collective) turn to start contributing to it.

--
Bob Atkins
President/CEO

DigiLink, Inc.
Business Inter-net-working
The Cure for the Common ISP!

Phone: (310) 577-9450
Fax: (310) 577-3360
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linda Walsh wrote:
Oscar del Rio wrote:
Jarmila Holcova wrote:
 > I'm about to move mail server for 15000 users to a new server. The
 > SLES10SP1 distribution contains imap-2004. I would like to use the
 > newest version.
The build is ok but I decided to use the rpm from the SLES distribution in the end.
What a coward am I!
Thanks though.

As Mark would say, IMAP-2004 is ancient and there were many features/fixes introduced since then.  For example, I don't think IMAP-2004 had "mix" format, which IMHO is a "must have" nowadays.
Mix format?  Why is that a "must have" nowadays?

Also, As for 2007'c', where would one obtain sources for it? I take it that it was never actually officially released, but I
seem to remember Mark saying it was "ready to go".

As for other features/work -- does anyone know if another UW project is picking
up imapw?  It seems to be fairly widely used.

It seems that Cyrus IMAP is the only open-source alternative available that has
any 'traction'?  I've been unwilling to abandon the "mbox" format compatibility
provided by IMAP -- though heaven knows, how many 3rd party open-source
plug-ins don't handle the format (w/rt "From ") correctly all the time.
Not sure I know of many that do.  I get "ribbed" by occasional mbox chomping
by Perl-scripts using CPAN modules and some derivations based on Berkeley Mail
8.x -- like the 'Nail' version that provides Mail/mailx drop-in support.
(Maybe that means I'm not 'ribbed' by chomping, but 'nailed'??)...:-|

Linda

begin:vcard
fn:Bob Atkins
n:Atkins;Bob
org:DigiLink, Inc.
adr;dom:Suite 408;;4676 Admiralty Way;Marina Del Rey;CA;90292
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:President/CEO
tel;work:310-577-9450
tel;fax:310-577-3360