Hi,

I want to setup some secure IMAP solution:

1. access IMAP via SSL from WAN (internet)
2. access IMAP anyway from LAN
3. do not allow IMAP access via plaintext password from WAN
4. use another password for WAN access (for IMAP only)
5. limit access to specific users (for WAN IMAP only)
6. block IP addresses after multiple failed logins

my guess so far:
ad 1: just open IMAP/SSL port in firewall
ad 2: no firewall in LAN, no problem
ad 3: where to configure (I hope this is not compile-time...)
ad 4: is there any solution but have another user?
ad 5: I have no idea how to do this.
ad 6: maybe some software like "denyhosts" has to be used

Is there anything, imap-uw can do for me to make this easier?
Is there any solution to (5) or a better solution to the others?

Best regards
Stefan