Hi Again:

I'm about to take the plunge to MIX (from unix mailstore) with our UW-IMAP server. I want this to be as seamless as possible for our users. There are two ways I can do this:

1.) Run mixcvt on everyone's (or a selected subset) INBOX

2.) Run mailutil create -u username ~username/INBOX (I have recompiled imap-2007d with CREATEPROTO=mix) and let the users snarf up the messages next time they check mail

I've done both on a couple of different vanilla accounts and each seems to work well. It seems that #2 would be easiest on me since if I did #1 I would need to somehow lock the user out of his Inbox while doing the conversion and deleting the old inbox afterwards.

   As to folders, I was thinking of something like:

go to a user's home directory
read the .mailboxlist file
foreach line, call mixcvt to write to a temp mailstore
delete the old foldername
rename the new mailstore to the old folder name

Does that sound reasonable?  Thanks...

Jim McCullars
University of Alabama in Huntsville