Mark Crispin wrote:
On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Joe Pruett wrote:
sorry, by recover, i meant recover from tape. but i didn't want to just recover on top of the inbox. i'm trying the theory of recovering to a new folder and then copying via imap rather than try to do any rebuild magic. but i'll look at the mixrbld and mixdfix stuff...

I think that recovering to a new folder, and then letting the user decide what to do with it, is best. There is some black magic possible, but it's best left to sorcerers who can talk with the user and determine if invoking demons is safe... ;-)

That's what we do. Restore the folder to <folder>.bck and let the user
extract the messages they need. Quick, simple and understandable by
the user...

Guy
-- --------------------------------------------------------------------
Guy Dawson                 I.T. Systems Manager         Crossflight Ltd
g...@crossflight.co.uk         07973  797819                01753 776104

This message contains the views and opinions of a Crossflight
Limited employee and at this stage are in no way a direct
representation of Crossflight Limited.

Crossflight Limited is an international express courier, mailing
and logistics service provider. This communication and any
attachments are confidential and may be protected from disclosure.
We endorse no advice or opinion contained in this communication
that is not the subject of a contract between the recipient and
ourselves.

If you have received it in error please notify us immediately and
note that any storage, use or disclosure is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. Those communicating with us by electronic mail
will be deemed to have accepted the risks associated with
interception, amendment, loss and late or incomplete delivery.
They will also be deemed to have consented to our intercepting and
monitoring such communications.

This footnote also confirms that this message has been checked for
the presence of computer viruses. We strongly recommend that you
check this email with your own virus software as Crossflight
Limited will not be held responsible for any damage caused by
viruses as a result of opening this email.