Mark,

Could you elaborate on setting up a "mail administrator userid". I have seen references to this capability but it isn't clear to how to configure it. We set restrictBox = -1 when we build our server so I don't know if that would limit the ability to support a "mail administrator userid"

Thanks,
Bob

Mark Crispin wrote:
I don't know what you mean by a "general IMAP user name and password."

Each IMAP user has his own user name and password. Unless you set up a "mail administrator userid" (which can log in as any other user, hence has the equivalent of root access), an IMAP user can generally only save to the mailboxes that are owned by that user, and not to some other user's INBOX.

If you need to write to someone else's INBOX, you probably need to use SMTP to send the message as mail.