Sorry I forgot to mention in my previous post that I'm also having a problem
in that some users are not seeing the data in their folders.  The client
is Outlook 2003 or 2007.  I'm not sure if it's related to the high I/O wait?

The files MBX mail folder that I've been able to discern.  This was an
upgrade from another UW imap installation.  That one shows this
for the version:
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4REV1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS STARTTLS
AUTH=LOGIN] x.y.fedex.com IMAP4rev1 2004.357NCS at Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:14:12
-0600 (MDT)