I would like to use the c-client library to set custom headers in an outgoing
message (sent using smtp_mail() function).

Which structure members of the BODY or ENVELOPE do I need to set to do this?

I tried using the PARAMETER *parameter member of the BODY.  However, this does
something I don't want it to.  For example, if I set
body->parameter->attribute  <--  "X-Custom-Header"
body->parameter->value  <--  "X-Custom-Value"
body->parameter->next  <--  NULL

What I get in the resulting email message is:

Content-Type TEXT/PLAIN; X-Custom-Header=X-Custom-Value

In other words, the parameter and value I specified have been added to the
"Content-Type" header, rather than creating a new header "X-Custom-Header".