Thanks... a lot of folks have been pointing that way.

Miles

Richard Westlake wrote:
Hi Miles
I am not sure that imapd or Perdition (Mail Retrieval Proxy) can rate limit password guesses or block accounts on repeated failure.

You could have a look at tools such as Fail2ban http://www.fail2ban.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page which could help protect against future brute force attaches.

I would be interested to learn what solution you do find.

All the best

Richard Westlake
Department of Biological Sciences, Birkbeck College, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HX
Tel: +44 (0)20-7631-6859
               Truth endures but spelling changes    --  Anon.