On 1/27/14 6:10 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
Are you running on a ZFS store? There was/is a bug I found that was activated by using an undocumented feature of the stat() function to do some preallocation. It is fixed in the "Panda" release, NFI if it ever made it back into UW-IMAP.

    Cheers,
        Gary    B-)
Thanks (and thanks to Dave Funk as well)! Indeed we are running ZFS, and running it previously. We hadn't folded your scandir fix into our version of the code. I generally prefer to avoid moving to a new code base at the same time as an OS upgrade unless necessary. Looks like it may be necessary.

It does seem that the "impossible empty keyword" errors are subsiding, as if they are one-time errors that somehow(???!) get fixed. The users never seemed to notice the problem.

(FYI, we weren't able to use the same ZFS store on both the old & new systems. We used rsync to create a new copy.)