On 25 Sep 2002 20:36:43 +0100, Jinn Koriech wrote:
> From what I understand this should pipe all mail to jinn to
> /var/spool/mail/jinn - but instead in the logs dmail reports that it
> can't run as root or daemon.

This means either that dmail was invoked incorrectly by procmail, or that the
dmail was incorrectly set as setuid root.  To deliver to jinn's INBOX, dmail
must run as user jinn.

Assuming that you have verified that dmail is not setuid root, the problem is
a sendmail and/or procmail configuration issue.  You should check with the
sendmail and/or procmail folks for further instructions on how to proceed.

Also, your "dmail +jinn" command will attempt to deliver to a mailbox file in
your home directory called "jinn"; that is, ~jinn/jinn.  If you want to
deliver to your INBOX, the correct command is simply "dmail".