On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Wonder if anyone could tell me if there's an easy way to change the log file
> location for imapd (preferably without recompiling!)?

Since there is no reserved syslog facility for imapd, it uses the mail
facility.  There are 8 "local" facilities which can be used, but it would
be presumptious for imapd to arbitrarily select one.  Consequently, what
you must do is edit the openlog() call in env_unix.c to change from
LOG_MAIL to LOG_LOCAL[0-7] and recompile.  Then, in your /etc/syslog.conf
file, define where you want local[0-7] to go.

So, although it is "easy", it requires recompiling.

Please keep in mind that the location of the log file is defined by syslog
and not by imapd.  Thus, you have to do syslog configuration.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc