Not really a topic for this list (list tends to be focused on IMAP specs).

This is more than likely a problem dealing with IESG recommendation to avoid plain text passwords being transmitted.

From the docs/RELNOTES;

"SSLTYPE=nopwd is now the default, in accordance with current IESG security
requirements. In order to build the IMAP toolkit without SSL/TLS you must
now use SSLTYPE=none. At initial build time, you will be told if the SSLTYPE
setting is in compliance with IESG security requirements, and if it is not
you will be asked to confirm to continue the build."

If you change the Makefile to set SSLTYPE=none, you will avoid the Login disabled issues (which are disabled because you are trying to login via an unsecure method (i.e. not IMAPS or over SSL/TLS)

Of course, setting the SSLTYPE=none will expose you to potential password sniffing.

-Mike