On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Oh, sorry. I just checked that "search to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" didn't match for
> "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]". It does seem to match for "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (name)"
> though.

"search to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" would match "To: name <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" as well.

It didn't match "search to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" because there was no name, hence
the canonical form didn't generate any <> pair.

"search to [EMAIL PROTECTED]" would have matched all three.  That's what most
people use.

> So, generating the (canonicalized) field from envelope's data and
> matching search string against that is fine?

Yes, I think so.

-- Mark --

http://staff.washington.edu/mrc