Hi Mark,

--On Friday, July 11, 2003 11:19 AM -0700 Mark Crispin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

|> Why not just have anything without $ being in
|> the vendor space?
|
| As someone who uses keywords for his individual user purposes, I would be
| rather unhappy to see this done (and would oppose it).

Fine.

|> Or pick another character at the start, e.g. '%' and say
|> that corresponds to a registered vendor space, without having to have
|> 'vendor' at the start of the keyword.
|
| That is alright, but you probably still need to register vendor names to
| avoid overlap.

Right - we still use the ACAP vendor registry for the actual vendor token but there would be no 'vendor.' prefix in the keyword.

PS We should probably choose something other than '%' for this since that would be a little ugly with ANNOTATE. Any of '#', '@', '^', '&' etc would be fine, but not '*' or '%' sine those are wildcard matches in annotation entries and would thus have to be escaped.

--
Cyrus Daboo